CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 10, 2012

Spending the Day With my Beautiful SIL Anj

So as you all know my sister in law Anjanette has been battling breast cancer since she found out in March.  She has been doing chemo treatments since then and is almost done hopefully with her final two to come.  Yesterday I went down there to help out and took her to her treatment and then had a little girls lunch.  My mom and I wanted to help out as much as we could so when Jay needs a break or even if Anj needs a break we are there to help them both. 

So yesterday was my turn to take her.  We had a great 3 hour ish conversation that made the time go by fast.  I have never been to a medical center like this where people come in to get their weekly doses or even daily doses of medication for their illnesses.  I can relate a little when it comes to sitting in a chair for hours doing baby testing twice a week my whole pregnancy.  Of course it is not even remotely close to chemo...I can just relate to how monotonous things can get.  I am just grateful I could be in the room with her and keep her company cause I couldn't have anyone.  It makes a difference to be able to have someone to talk to and keep your mind off of why you are there even if it is for a second.  We caught up on so much and of course had a little sesh of girl gossip haha.  But i am just grateful she allowed me to be able to support her and help her in any way that I can.


Beautiful Anj on #14 of 16 Chemo treatment


So after her session we both were starving so of course we had already talked about where we were going for lunch.  She had taken mom to this place called Bruxie which is a waffle sandwich place.  When my mom told me I was like that sounds weird.  But when I got there and saw what people were eating I knew I was gonna love it.  I ordered the Turkey Club sandwich, Anj ordered the Tomato Mozzarella with pesto sauce and of course I had to try the Irish Nachos she said where amazing.  Ummm please see below picture of the most amazing sandwich I have ever tried.....


Yes folks that is a waffle as the breading to my sandwich....it was soooo good I can not explain.  I forgot to take a picture of our Irish Nachos which were cris-cut fries covered in their homemade nacho cheese sauce, bacon, sour cream and chives.  I was in heaven....Adam and I have been on a salad diet for lunches the past two weeks and I totally cheated but oh well if it's for something this amazing it was well worth it haha.


I can't wait to go back to this place and see what else I can over stuff myself with.  However, I had an amazing day with an amazing woman who is so smart, beautiful, loving, caring, strong and I can keep going.  Anj I love you so much sweetie and I can not wait to throw a huge party celebrating you becoming a Breast Cancer Survivor!!!!!



~~Girls Day~~


1 comment:

  1. Love you too hon! Thank you SO much for taking me! I had a fabulous time talking and hanging out with you. I truly feel for anyone who has to go handle medical stuff for their personal health ALL the time. It gets tiring so quickly, as you well know! But it's all good. You and I are just a tough breed of lady because of what we've faced! ;)

    P.S. So glad you enjoyed Bruxie too!! It's so ridiculously yummy!

    ReplyDelete